Saturday, June 8

Pregnancy Update

A preschooler's depiction of happy, pregnant me (see baby?)
31 weeks!!!

Three months ago (when we found out I am at risk for pre-term labor and started taking precautions) I couldn't imagine getting this far.  It seemed so unobtainable and far away.  But time passes, and look, here we are!  ...STILL PREGNANT! 

It is so cool, I am watching God give me another miracle; all praise to Him!  From MN to GA, west to CO and beyond... around the world to China, Europe, from a ship on the ocean and the Land Down Under, our little baby is being prayed for. THANK YOU!!!  (It would be neat to know specific countries, so give a shout out!)  It has given and will continue to give us a great opportunity to share just a little bit of Jesus - when they are mystified as to how or why baby is staying in I say, "Oh, we have people PRAYING!  So many churches and friends around the world are praying!  (At this rate he'll go overdue!)"

Baby is around 3lbs now, and I have gained 14!  Two more months, it's the home stretch.  I am a bit more tired and have less energy (and more emotional swings? ...ask Ben) since I hit my third trimester, but that is nothing.

Into the 30's is just such a huge milestone!  Six more weeks - just a month and a half - and I can have a home water birth!  We can do this!


Hot off the press:  Yesterday held a bit of a scare as I had severe abdominal/uterine pain (cramps?) and contractions more often again... thankfully the pain subsided and I am closely monitoring contractions.  Just a reminder I guess that we're still fighting to keep baby in each and every day. 

2 comments: