Saturday, March 10

House Project 101

This is what our house currently looks like:


You're probably thinking, Kind of the same as the last picture I saw of it, have they done anything??? And I feel it is my great privilege and duty to tell you YES!!!  ("See, no stairs!")  The frustrating part of  building/remodeling a house is that for the first 95% of it, you can't see much progress!  And in the last 5%, you see 95% of the progress as walls get painted, decorated, and in general, moved in.

Ben is working so diligently and so hard over there every day, for now in the 'invisible stage' of reinforcing, straightening, leveling, exchanging, and bracing so that the floor will be even enough for flooring and the walls will stay standing! :)  And I just want to point out all his work even if you can't SEE it as easily, because he is doing an amazing job and he is only ONE man for this very big project! And for goodness' sakes, we are only 21 and designing and figuring out how you want to build your house seems very intimidating (to me especially) and something that people in their 30's or 40's, with lots of experience living in houses, might start to do about now!  Yikes!

We are pressing on and someday when it's done it will be great!


My Saturday mini-project was visiting other people's kitchens, taking measurements and getting ideas, and picking the wives' brains as to what they love about their kitchen and what they would improve and all the little things in-between!  Many thanks to the families who let me snoop in every one of their kitchen cupboards and drawers - it was fun!  Haha! ;)


This is my beautiful sister-in-law Charisma and her monstrous batch of monster cookies!  They have chocolate chips, m&ms, peanut m&ms, peanut butter... and OATMEAL!  <-- See?  They are healthy! And oh, so good! :)


And another picture of her... (I love this one!)


Oh yes, I am so blessed to have a sister who blesses us very often with her baking (pumpkin pie just the other day...)!  Of which I shall continue to be the very happy beneficiary! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment