Tuesday, May 15

The Dreaded Question

I encounter it at church.  At work.  Neighbors.  My friends.  EVERYONE!!!


"So, how is your house coming?"


It's not that I don't want people to ask (on the contrary, it shows they care!)... BUT it is hard in the stage where progress is less visible to know what to say!  Only the last 5% is really noticeable headway like painting, kitchen cabinets, floors, etc.  Somehow I always (mistakenly) think that behind these words what they're really saying is, "Is it done yet?"

"NO!  I'TS NOT DONE YET!!!  Don't you know A HOUSE TAKES A LONG TIME TO BUILD!!!  And with only ONE man doing it ALL...!!!"

Ok, I apologize.  Rant over.  That is what I feel like shouting!  But I don't.  Because you people really mean well!  (So don't stop asking!)  :)

And now I finally have a good answer!  (Cue Grandpa voice)  Courtesy of Grandpa Berge I pleasantly and calmly say, with a twinkle in my eye, "Rome wasn't built in a day, you know!"


So, that is how the house is coming!

Here is part of last week's project (for me) - mowing the yard!  The grass was growing like crazy!  It just looks so much better now!  And I realized I absolutely LOVE working outside when it's warm and the sun is shining!  One of the happiest things about living in the country is the outdoors - lots of it!  At this point, I even prefer working outside! :)
 


No comments:

Post a Comment